- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Washburn University
- Master of Science in Nursing – Wichita State University
- ANCC Board Certified Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Previous Professional Experience
- Menninger Clinic – 7 years experience. Ranked by US News and World Report as one of the top 5 psychiatric hospitals in the U.S.
- Klamath County Mental Health – 2½ years experience working with chronic mental illness, dual diagnosis and crisis intervention.
- Private Practice – Private practice in affiliation with Sky Lakes Medical Center started November 2003. Private corporation started October 2004.
Michelle Voegels receives over 50 hours of continuing education training each year to help improve the lives of the mentally ill. Previous training includes:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Pre-commitment Investigation Training
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy Training
- Bowens Family Systems Theory
- Dual Diagnosis Training
- Group Psychotherapy
- Hormone Management
- Dialectal Behavior Therapy Training
- Medication Management – Continuously learning new research and science